We shape the start-up scene in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, serving as a community and multiplier
The ‘Gründungswerft’ is an initiative comprising individuals interested in startups, founders, startups, companies, and personalities who think entrepreneurially and aim to trigger positive, disruptive changes in our federal state, in collaboration with all actors in the startup ecosystem. We firmly believe that Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania can become one of the best federal states for startups in the near future.
Our goal is to provide long-term support to more founders and self-employed individuals, enabling them to establish successful startups or projects in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and create an atmosphere of renewal.
With a positive mindset, we aim to create a community and a network for all those interested in startups, built on characteristics such as trust, belonging, enthusiasm, fun, responsibility, and mutual perseverance. Together, we aim to bridge distances within our federal state, connect, and establish sustainable, market-ready startups in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
We complement the startup ecosystem:
As a bottom-up initiative, we organize the startup scene on an informal level and, in collaboration with the ecosystem, create a fertile ground for ideas and ventures. Alongside numerous diverse organizations, institutions, and universities across Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, we organize events and initiate innovative projects. Additionally, we provide a structured approach to reach the target audience of founders and those interested in entrepreneurship, a demographic we ourselves represent. The Gründungswerft serves as both an architect of structure and a brand.
Building a Startup Scene for a Federal State
We’re working towards creating a startup community with its own positive identity within the state. This involves integrating local and regional communities at suitable points within the overall network.
Our aim is for the startup scene in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania to multiply through the Gründungswerft, enabling us to develop economies of scale and greater influence.
You can best support our work by becoming a member (starting at €30 per year).
Official startup platform, gruender-mv.de
The Gründungswerft, as an informal, statewide initiative, in collaboration with AUV Neubrandenburg, assumes responsibility for the official startup platform, gruender-mv.de, for the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.
A complete redesign of the platform is planned to be completed by mid-2023.
A community is crucial for entrepreneurship due to various reasons:
- Support and Feedback: Communities provide a platform for entrepreneurs to share their ideas and challenges, receiving valuable feedback from like-minded individuals. This exchange helps in finding new perspectives, solutions, and sustaining motivation.
- Resources and Expertise: Communities facilitate access to resources and experts who assist entrepreneurs in implementing their ideas. This support ranges from investors and mentors to specialized professionals in fields like marketing, law, and accounting.
- Networking and Partnerships: Within a community, entrepreneurs can forge valuable connections and partnerships. This networking can lead to new business opportunities and collaborations that foster company growth.
- Entrepreneurial Culture and Sense of Belonging: Communities contribute to building an entrepreneurial culture and fostering a sense of belonging. Through participation in networking events, seminars, and workshops, entrepreneurs expand their skills and knowledge while feeling part of a larger movement.
Overall, a community creates an environment that offers support, resources, networks, and a shared culture, all of which can significantly contribute to the success of startups and entrepreneurs.
Our work and community are based on the principles outlined in the Boulder Thesis, a compilation of five principles identified by significant studies as constituting a successful startup or entrepreneurial community. These principles are a fundamental aspect of the Gründungswerft’s actions and were developed by Brad Feld, a renowned American investor and entrepreneur who played a key role in establishing a thriving startup scene in Boulder, Colorado.
- Entrepreneurs must lead the startup community.
- The startup community must have a culture of experimentation.
- The startup community must have a network of trust.
- The startup community must be inclusive of anyone who wants to participate in it.
- The startup community must have engaged leaders who are willing to help others.
On the following pages, you’ll learn about the approaches, projects, and platforms through which we support and co-create the ecosystem in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.